How do I change my microphone settings?
- Launch Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. Click the gear icon in the left menu and open GAME SETTINGS.
- In the settings window, go to the Audio section.
- In the audio settings, you must configure your output device. To do this, find the Audio Device option there. Click on the drop-down list and select the item you want.
- When you configure your output device, check the value of the Enable Voice option. It's located a little lower. If its value is set to Disabled, change it to PRESS TO USE MIC.
- To find out which key is responsible for using the microphone, go to the Keyboard/Mouse section. Click Communication Options there.
- Find the Use Mic option. Remember its current value or choose any other that is convenient for you.
How do I change mic on Steam?
- Open Steam and look in the lower right corner. You should see an option called FRIENDS & CHAT there. Click it.
- In the window that opens, click on the gear icon.
- In the FRIEND LIST SETTINGS window, go to the Voice section.
- Your target here is the VOICE INPUT DEVICE option.
- Click the drop-down box under VOICE INPUT DEVICE and select one of the options. Please note that you can have multiple microphones, for example, a headset mic and a separate input device. To communicate with your teammates in voice chat, you need only one of them. That's it! Now you can talk to your friends during matches without any problems. Enjoy the game!
Check your settings
As soon as you finish setting up your microphone, we recommend that you test how it works. Ask one of your friends to take part in a private match. Once you're in the game, make sure your friend can hear you. Then adjust the volume of your mic.
If it turns out that the microphone isn't working, try repeating the steps described in the previous sections. First of all, pay attention to the audio and communication settings. Perhaps you have overlooked something and the problem can be solved in a couple of clicks.
Finally, here’s some advice to gamers who are just starting to play with a microphone. Shout less into your mic while playing. Don't forget that your friends will hear you. Screams that are too loud will irritate them and cause pain in their ears.